Why do authors want to publish their book with FEP International?
Every FEP International book receives:
- Professional Editing, Copyediting and Graphics Design for Book Cover Art.
- Worldwide wholesale distribution through Ingram, Amazon, Barnes & Noble.com, and 25,000 retailers in bound paper books and electronic eBook formats. eBooks are released in Kindle format to allow inclusion in Amazon.com's lending library.
- State of the art website for your book with search engine optimization to market your book.
- Author retains the copyright to their work.
- All of the above without financial cost to our authors.
We are not a vanity publisher where authors pay thousands of dollars to publish their book or a self-publishing company. Not everyone can publish with FEP International, and we do NOT charge our authors to publish with us. We only charge if there is a conversion of an out-of-print-book into electronic format to cover the cost of scanning and digital conversion. We select authors based on their writing, expertise, and experience.
Summary of Online Submission
- Submissions should be made via our contact form.
- In the body of the email, please include a brief synopsis of your book.
- Your complete manuscript should be sent as an attachment in either MS Word or RTF format. If your manuscript is unfinished, please include finished chapters with an estimate of when the manuscript will be completed.
Submitting Your Manuscript: The Details
Please include all of the following information in the body of your email:
- The title of your book and a VERY brief (1 paragraph) summary of what your book is about.
- Your real name (and pen name if you want one for the book).
- Your snail-mail address (street, city, state, zip, country).
- Your (good, reliable, and current) email address. Without this, we can't communicate with you.
- Approximate number of words (not number of pages).
Include with your initial submission:
- A short synopsis
- Your complete manuscript in MS Word or RTF format. (Line spacing and font do not matter, but if you include line breaks at the end of every line, you will be asked to remove them before the editorial process begins. Line breaks should be reserved for the end of each paragraph).
- Your manuscript MUST be saved in Microsoft Word (DOC) or Rich Text Format (RTF) and sent as an email attachment. We cannot open WordPerfect (WPD) or desktop publishing documents.
- If your manuscript is unfinished, please include chapters that are finished.
- A BRIEF author biography to introduce yourself to us.
If accepted, you will be asked to provide:
- An author's biography for the book jacket and for your author's web page.
- A photo of yourself (if available).
- A brief description of the book for the book jacket.
- Please include a short (2-3 paragraphs) and a long (5-6 paragraphs) book blurb. We will use these to sell your book.
- If your manuscript contains pictures or diagrams, you will be asked for 300-600 dpi jpeg versions of these.
- Indicate if your manuscript has been previously published, or has been edited by an editor. While your book will still be edited and proofed, it helps us to determine the level of work required when scheduling and assigning editors.
- Book blurb: A piece of written copy or extracted quotation used for publicity and promotional purposes. This is the jacket copy for the book, two to three paragraphs to catch the reader's attention.
- Synopsis: A brief narrative summary of your book. The purpose of a synopsis is to hook our interest. For fiction, the synopsis portrays the high points of story line and plot, succinctly and dramatically (do not omit the story's ending, gimmicks only serve to irritate). In a nonfiction book proposal, the synopsis describes the thrust and content of the manuscript.
- You must not violate any copyright laws in your book. Do not assume that any use of material falls under fair use.
- Any medical or scientific claim must be backed up by an authoritative reference from the medical or scientific literature.
- You will receive an initial response indicating that your submission has been received. Please be sure that your return email address is correct.
- You will be notified via a separate email at a later time if your manuscript is accepted or not.
What We Look For When Selecting Books to Publish
- The book is a good match for our offerings.
- The book meets a reasonable standard of excellence.
- The author demonstrates book meets a reasonable standard of writing skills, grammar, and punctuation. We prefer manuscripts that are spell-checked, punctuated correctly, and grammatically correct.
- The book has sales potential.
- The author is willing to promote the book through social media, book signings, and speaking engagements. Please include a detailed marketing plan with your book submission.
- We offer higher royalties because we partner with our authors, expecting that our authors will market their books in addition to the marketing efforts implemented by FEP International.
- We do not accept erotica.